Friday, September 27, 2013

Making Christmas 2013...Part 2


Still creating a little Christmas magic over at Hummingbird Miniatures, and thought I'd share some snaps from this morning and yesterday.

I hand-painted a buffet / sideboard and created a faux marble top to it and added gold details. Here it is below when I bought it (stained with dark wood-stain), then with a coat of primer and then *almost* finished.

I've also been making very pretty luxury items akin to the sort of things you'd see in English shops, such as Harrods, Harvey Nichols and Fortnum & Mason such as festive topiary and wreaths... stay tuned for finished items!




9 comments:

  1. Stunning Buffet. I hope we get to see some detail shots of it soon. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the small tree.
    The sidebord is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. so happy christamas......nice trees and wonderful sideboars.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Me encantan los arboles y el aparador ha quedado perfecto....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your trees are so sweet :) I'll also try to make something like it :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous... I love all of your work...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your sideboard is really an incredible transformation! Well done! The holiday trees are very cute and the elegant simplicity of them will provide a wonderful foil against the buffet. The weather here on the Canadian West Coast is very cold and wet and the urge to nest inside makes me also want to start thinking about the Christmas season which is only 3 months away! How has it happened to get so close, so quickly? I look forward to seeing your luxury Christmas wreaths, what a treat that will be!

    elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cold in Canada, I used to live there 40 years ago

      Delete
    2. nice and cold in Canada. brings back memories of 40 years ago when I lived there in the West, greatings, Daphne

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...