Saturday, May 28, 2011

Inspiration from Versailles!

Recently I got all excited about the film 'Marie Antoinette' (2006) - not because I like the film (which is among the most boring I've ever seen), but because I love the sets, costumes and of course the use of Laduree cakes.

So I've made an array of French cakes and desserts which I'll share with you very soon. Before that I'd love to show you my inspiration!

Here is a sneak peek at my new and upcoming Marie Antoinette Parlour Cake Range. Handmade by me in 1/12 (one inch) scale. Available soon at my online store.



And the movie still which inspired it.



Some stills from the film 'Marie Antoinette' (2006) - my inspiration...











marie antoinette french laduree cakes, dollhouse or dolls house miniature laduree french cake

5 comments:

  1. That film really has the most gorgeous eye candy. I wish I had a project that would be suitable for those cakes as they look to die for! Kate xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful work! Like you I find this film full of inspiration.
    Geneviève

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that film and have many times thought of making pasties from it! Yours looks very delicious and the scene is really beautiful! Hanna, Miniature Chef

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great idea! Everything looks so tasty! Love your picture and the movie still juxtaposed--super fun!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...